Harvest can be delivered to Friendship Trays anytime Monday-Thursday 8:00am-3:00pm. We are often open and available after 3pm, but please call first to make sure we are there (704) 333-9229. On Fridays, harvest can be delivered 8:00am – Noon.
Before you deliver please read and follow the Safe Food Handling Guidelines.
One of the ways we measure our impact is by weighing all the produce that comes in to Friendship
Trays. In order to track the harvest most efficiently, we are using a computerized system.
- The weigh-in station is located just inside the main entrance to Friendship Trays. Do not use paper and pen unless there is a problem with the computer.
- There is a shortcut to the harvest form in the middle of the desktop on the computer screen. If it does not open properly, the internet signal may not be working. You can either: a) turn the computer off and back on to allow the computer to reset [if that doesn’t work, let a staff person know]; b) use your smartphone; or c) use pen and paper.
- Enter the data and click “enter” for EACH TYPE of produce. The data is time-stamped in the database, so you will only need to enter: name of garden, type of produce, and weight. Each type of produce will be a separate entry.
Note: Directions are posted on the wall above the laptop.
- SHORTCUT: Use the list posted to identify the type of produce and as you start typing, the category should pop up. Same for your garden name.
- When you are done, make sure you click “enter” for the final produce, then leave the produce in the cooler to the left or (use your best judgement) take it back to the kitchen staff to put in the walk-in cooler.